Manager of Donor Relations
Listed August 2014
Sutherland Institute seeks a Manager of Donor Relations to reach out to our growing network of supporters across Utah. This role will report to the Director of Development.
The Manager of Donor Relations will:
- Work closely with the Director of Development and senior leadership team to implement an integrated fundraising strategy, including individual, foundation and corporate supporters
- Identify and develop long-term relationships with existing supporters and key prospects
- Solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for Sutherland
- Interact with donors through telephone calls, one-on-one visits, and written correspondence to keep them informed of our work
- Utilize fundraising database to ensure current data on donors, gifts, and prospects
- Track progress and analyze results
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Outgoing, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be a self-starter
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising or sales
- Experience interacting with individual donors preferred, but not required
- Notable relationship building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills, in particular writing and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines
- Deep understanding of and commitment to the principles of traditional family, limited government, free enterprise, and personal responsibility
- Ability and desire to interact with sophisticated donors about issues related to liberty, economic freedom, and preserving religious freedom
- Experience with databases and basic Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel (up to 20 percent of work time)
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please email resume and cover letter (which must include your philosophical interest in the mission of Sutherland Institute and your desired salary) to Jennifer Hawkins, Director of Development, at JHawkins@SutherlandInstitute.org.
Internship opportunities in policy and communications are available.
To apply, please submit your résumé to SI@sutherlandinstitute.org and indicate your area of interest (communications or policy) in the subject line.
Share with your friends and family…