Director of Development
Listed February 2015
Sutherland Institute seeks an experienced, responsible and committed Director of Development. This position is full-time, not contract labor.
The Director of Development is responsible for leading the fundraising team in designing and executing fundraising initiatives in support of the Institute’s mission.
The Development Director will supervise and coordinate the work of outside consultants and manage a development team staff. This position is part of the Institute’s senior management team responsible for the welfare and administration of the Institute. The Development Director is responsible for executing all aspects of a complete fundraising program, including developing and sustaining relationships, grant writing, direct mail programs, online giving, events, and training of development team. As with each staff director, this position reports directly to the President.
- Five years’ related work experience in fundraising
- A history of setting and achieving concrete fundraising goals
- Experience cultivating relationships and making the ask
- Familiarity with a diverse range of public policy issues is a plus
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy travel
- Embrace the “cause of freedom” and advance the principles of limited government and family as the fundamental unit of society
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of success in identifying and cultivating donor relationships, possess excellent management and mentoring skills, and must be able to handle multiple projects in a growing organization.
Sutherland pays a competitive salary and provides excellent benefits: Health insurance, including dental and vision, 401(k) plan with an employer match, and paid leave.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (not to exceed 10 pages):
- Cover letter detailing: (a) your sincere interest in this position and (b) your salary requirements
- Two relevant writing samples
Materials should be emailed to Liv Moffat, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Sutherland Institute was established in 1995 as an independent, conservative research and educational organization. Its mission is to protect the cause of freedom, constructively influence Utah’s decision makers and promote responsible citizenship.
Internship opportunities in policy and communications are available.
To apply, please submit your résumé to SI@sutherlandinstitute.org and indicate your area of interest (communications or policy) in the subject line.
Share with your friends and family…