“In the rich tradition of the Sutherland Annual Gala, we look forward to gathering and celebrating three great honorees,” said Rick Larsen, Sutherland CEO. “The 2018 New Birth of Freedom recipients are deserving, and each award presentation will be awe-inspiring. We are grateful to supportive sponsors, and too many leaders, presenters and elected officials to name, for making this event possible. Last but certainly not least, thank you to Arthur Brooks for making time to join his many friends and admirers in Utah in his final year at AEI. We look forward to this memorable evening.”
“I’m excited to have the opportunity to share AEI’s message with friends gathered in Utah next month to celebrate the Sutherland Institute’s annual gala,” Brooks said.
Attendees will be presented with Sutherland Institute’s newest publication, The Sun Is Still Rising: Politics Has Failed But America Will Not, written by nationally renowned pollster Scott Rasmussen, who will also be in attendance and will share brief remarks regarding societal trends and opinions going into the November midterms and beyond.
The purpose of this release is to inform members of the press about event details, including media access and availability (both before and during the event), and encourage members of the public who are interested in attending to contact Candice Pierucci.
*Media access to this event requires an RSVP
This event is open to members of the media who RSVP in advance. Space is limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. To preserve the integrity of the evening, interviews will not be permitted during the dinner or program, but recordings are welcome.
To speak with one of the attending guests, honorees or speakers, interview times will be made available prior to the event. These interviews can be scheduled with Kelsey Witt
, communications director.
SUTHERLAND INSTITUTE 2018 ANNUAL GALA
A NEW BIRTH OF FREEDOM
SPEAKERS, HONOREES & PERFORMING GUESTS:
- Arthur Brooks, president, American Enterprise Institute
- Loren Allred, singer/songwriter, the voice from “Never Enough,” The Greatest Showman
- Scott Rasmussen, author, pollster, political analyst
- Major General Jefferson S. Burton, adjutant general of the Utah National Guard (to be introduced by Utah Governor Gary Herbert)
- Tracie Sharp, president and CEO of State Policy Network (to be introduced by Stan Swim, vice president of programs and partnerships at the Bill of Rights Institute)
- Greg Miller, NBA Governor, Board of Directors, Larry H. Miller Group of Companies (to be introduced by a distinguished guest)
- Debra Bonner Unity Gospel Choir
Friday, Oct. 12, at 7 p.m. MDT
*A reception will begin at 6 p.m., prior to the dinner*
WHERE: Grand Ballroom, Grand America Hotel, 555 Main St., Salt Lake City