- Sutherland Institute » Fight poverty with community: ‘Bring them in’ on Fight poverty with community: ‘Bring them in’
- Sutherland Institute » Dodgy social science in the Utah same-sex marriage case on Dodgy social science in the Utah same-sex marriage case
- Proposed Law Drops Measurements for Private/Homeschools, Creates Parent Bill of Rights - United Americans on Ditch compulsory education in Utah? Yes!
- Adison on Dodgy social science in the Utah same-sex marriage case
- Proposed Law Drops Measurements for Private/Homeschools, Creates Parent Bill of Rights | Utah Political Capitol on Ditch compulsory education in Utah? Yes!
Tag Archives: Common Core
Tweet The following post is a transcript of a 4-minute weekly radio commentary aired on several Utah radio stations. Common Core is a way to standardize math and science education. It was devised by states not wanting to comply with … Continue reading
Tweet As the debate about Common Core carries on, many interested parties are making claims about what effect the new standards will have on public education and children in Utah. The latest comes from Brenda Hales of the Utah State … Continue reading
Tweet Should Utah’s education standards, or learning goals, be crafted to meet the needs of children, or the desires of adults like administrators and teachers? In a new report, “Common Core: Is It Best for Utah Children?” Sutherland answers this … Continue reading
Tweet Today, the Utah Legislature held its first interim committee meetings of the year. These meetings occur once each month from May through November, except in July. Legislators address a range of issues, including ideas for future bills, implementation of … Continue reading
Tweet Last week, hundreds of Utahns packed a room to express their views on Common Core. We interviewed several attendees to hear their thoughts on the issue: You can watch the entire two-hour meeting here: What do you think? Is … Continue reading
Tweet SB 287 passed the Senate yesterday on a 50-23-2 vote and now heads to the governor for his signature. The bill would give Utah the ability to exit any agreement involving the state’s core curriculum for public schools for … Continue reading
Tweet A bill that would give Utah the ability to exit any agreement regarding its core curriculum for public schools has cleared the House and the Senate. Watch this video report to learn more about SB 287: