1.Ethics Reform Working Group – Open Invitation
Preparatory to an Ethics Reform Forum to be conducted in November, the Sutherland Institute invites anyone interested in this issue to participate in a working group. There are many perspectives and opinions about ethics reform at the state level. Sutherland wants to hear your ideas. Those ideas and others will form the basis for dialogue at the November forum. If you are interested in being a part of this new working group, or simply to share your thoughts on the subject, please contact us at email@example.com.
2.Job Opening: Development Manager
Sutherland is looking to hire a Development Manager that will report to the Director of Development and assist in shaping and fulfilling the Institute’s fundraising and outreach programs. Qualified applicants should have 2+ years of related experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop and recommend fundraising strategies
- Focus effectively on a broad base of donor and community support within Utah
- Work to integrate Sutherland staff, trustees, and associates into fundraising events, programs, and opportunities
- Build strong relationships with current Sutherland donors
- Seek out and add new donors to the Sutherland donor base
Expected core competencies include excellent interpersonal, verbal, and grant-writing skills; solid grasp of the Institute’s governing principles and policy agenda; basic project-management skills; the ability to interact with donors and grassroots audiences; the capacity to develop relationships and proactively identify funding opportunities; and to be self-directed.
This posting will close on October 15, 2008. Please send resumes to Lyall Swim, director of operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.