The recommendations include the following:
1. Do NOT raise taxes … Period
2. Tap into reasonable amounts of “rainy-day” funds and use all education set-aside funds
3. Place a moratorium on any new tax incentives to businesses
4. Close the office of tourism
5. Cut off contributions to 401(k) accounts of re-employed retirees
6. Prorate health premiums for part-time employees
7. Require state employees to pay for a higher proportion of their health premiums as their salary increases
8. Decrease funding for the Utah Science Technology and Research Initiative (USTAR)
9. Temporarily decrease the state’s contribution toward local road maintenance
10. Require state agencies to prioritize their various programs and functions into a handful of broad categories to assist with further budget cuts.
Click here to view the complete report.
Share with your friends and family…