Concluding speculation about who Governor Gary Herbert would choose to replace Lt. Gov. Greg Bell, on Tuesday, the governor introduced Spencer J. Cox as his choice. Currently serving as a member of the Utah House, Mr. Cox was elected in 2012 to represent citizens living in Sanpete and Juab Counties. Well-respected by his colleagues in the Legislature, Rep. Cox was described by Gov. Herbert as fulfilling criteria he had established for those he would consider for the position:
- Experience and success in elective office
- Ability to work with the Legislature
- Integrity demonstrated in a variety of settings
- Involvement in the private sector that equips with the understanding of what is required to create jobs; that the government’s role is somewhat limited
- Fresh perspectives that complement the governor’s own views and characteristics
- A good “team fit” to function well in the governor’s office
- Solid work ethic
Rep. Cox impressively satisfies these particulars.
Click here to read the rest of this post at Sutherland Daily.